General Warranty Policy for Outdoor Furniture
The warranty we provide for our outdoor products varies depending on the materials used. Therefore, it is important that you refer to the information relating to the material used in your furniture. Please read the general warranty policy below in conjunction with the product features and care instructions below.
Wintons Teak reserves the right to make changes regarding product specifications and care instructions. Please visit our website for the most up-to-date information.
Scope of Warranty
Wintons Teak guarantees that it will resolve any timber and/or structural defects, not the finish, which includes stain, oil or lacquer and excludes all outdoor foam and fabrics , within the warranty period by:
1. Repair; or
2. Replacement product where the product cannot be repaired.
The period covered in relation to the above scope of warranty also varies between the different materials. Wintons Teak offers a: • 5 year warranty for A-Grade Teak
• 5 year warranty for Stainless Steel products
• 5 year warranty for Distressed Teak products
• 3 year warranty for Aluminium products
• 2 year warranty for Sling materials products
• 3 year warranty for Synthetic Rattan products
• No warranty provided for outdoor foam and fabrics
Terms of Warranty
• The warranty is limited to the following conditions:
• The natural characteristic of the product/material cannot be deemed as a defect (please refer to Wintons Teak Caring and
Cleaning Guide for Outdoor Furniture).
• Normal wear and tear of the product cannot be regarded as a defect (please refer to Wintons Teak Caring and Cleaning
Guide for Outdoor Furniture).
• The product must be maintained in accordance with the relevant care instructions provided (please refer to Wintons Teak
Caring and Cleaning Guide for Outdoor Furniture).
• The warranty does not extend to defects due to improper cleaning, negligence or treatment of product with chemicals (please
refer to Wintons Teak Caring and Cleaning Guide for Outdoor Furniture).
• The warranty does not extend to damage caused by spills, such as acid, solvent, dyes, food, candles, ink, paint or body fluids.
• The warranty is only provided to the original purchaser.
• The warranty does not cover products which have been used for commercial or non domestic purposes.
• Any repair or replacement does not include cost of transportation in order to repair or replace product claimed under warranty.
Questions and claims
We treat each claim seriously. All warranty claim cases need to be assessed by our technicians, who are not always available at our showrooms. For this reason, please do not come to the shop directly to claim your warranty.
To make a claim, please contact us through our customer service email or over the phone with your invoice number and related product photos. We will assess your case carefully; it may take up to 10 working days. After assessing your case, we will contact you to arrange delivery/pick up or repair.
In the event where we require further evidence to support that your claim is due to manufacturing defects rather than improper use of the product and/or negligence, we will require a statement of declaration written by you, stating the following clauses:
(1) I have followed the product feature and care instruction information provided by the Wintons Teak. (2) I have made this claim of warranty in good faith.
(3) I have attached the invoices and pictures of the defective product.
Customer Service details are as follows:
Terms and Conditions of this booklet
The information provided in this booklet is accurate as of 13/08/2018. Wintons Teak reserves the right to make any changes in regards to Wintons Teak Caring and Cleaning Guide for Outdoor Furniture. Our website will always contain the most up to date information.