This policy will rely on how we use, store or distribute any information we may receive from you.
Now for the details
Collection and use of personal information
Wintons Teak collects limited personal information such as title, name, contact details (address, phone and fax) and e-mail address. We only collect such personal information with your consent and/or knowledge. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
• order goods that require delivery;
• contact us for further information;
• participate in surveys and other types of research;
• enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Wintons Teak;
• subscribe to our mailing list;
• register your details on our web site;
• ask for a quote to be prepared;
• submit a job application or résumé.
In order to improve our website performance and prvide the better online experience, we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click throughs from email marketing), we may engage third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
Wintons Teak uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognize your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How we use your information
• to complete a transaction;
• to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
• to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time;
• to enhance your customer experience in store and help us complete your transactions more quickly;
• for planning, product development or research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
Wintons Teak uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we will only send your personal information to other organisations when:
• we have your consent to share the information;
• we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
• we need to send your information to companies that are contracted e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
• we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Access and correction
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you at any time. Should you wish to access this information, please contact our Customer Service Officer whose details are below. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our Customer Service Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
At Wintons Teak we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. In the case of direct marketing you are able to “unsubscribe” at any time, for any reason. “Opting out” means that you would like to be removed from all of our mailing lists. You can do so by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address below.
Wintons Teak is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Customer Service Officer: Joe Zhou; Email: email@example.com
Privacy Officer: Kamal Kalsi; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org